Mark McCabe MSc, CSCS
Mark is the director of Sports Med. Ireland. He is a Chartered Physiotherapist with a Masters in Sports Medicine and is also a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist. Mark has extensive experience in the field of Sports Medicine has worked with athletes of all levels from many backgrounds. His roles, past & present include:
- Physiotherapist /Strength and Conditioning coach to Irish Olympic Sailing team (2006-present)
- Past Physiotherapist and Strength coach to Derval O’Rourke (Bronze medal European Indoor Champs Turin 2008, 4th place World Championships Berlin 2009, Silver Medal European Champs Barcelona 2010)
- Consultant to IRFU National squad 2003-04
- Physiotherapist to Irish U21 Rugby team 2002-03
- Physiotherapist /Strength and Conditioning coach to Clontarf RFC 1999-2002
Mark is currently working with the A squad in Portmarnock Amateur Swimming Club in the role of physiotherapist and Strength & Conditioning coach. His main work involves the development of a junior strength & conditioning program with a focus on the development of fundamental movement skills and reducing the occurrence of injuries, particularly to the shoulder girdle and trunk, which are common sites of injury in swimmers.